Careers and Experience
As stated on our About page, the foundation for Sogo Snacks has been built over the experiences and careers I've had over the past 15 years. I know when I research the companies I support through my purchases it is helpful to have a better understanding of who they are. I hope by seeing careers I've chosen gives you a better understanding of who I am and what I stand for.
Grass Run Farms Snack Food Brand Manager
- Oversaw all facets of the shelf stable e-commerce brand of Grass Run Farms.
- Duties included: website maintenance, product listing, inventory management, freight, cost-per-click advertising, quality control, customer service, reporting and order fulfillment.
- Managed warehouse operations, including supervision of part-time fulfillment contractors.
- Built spreadsheets gathering data from several sources for analysis in accounting, production and inventory management.
- Was the integral member for the brand during two acquisitions.
- Directed all planning, reporting, marketing and project management for the Campus Sustainability Office.
- Trained student workers and helped with the development of important skills for many jobs.
- Presented sustainability efforts at national and regional conferences, Luther College events and many other engagements.
- Collaborated with a significant number of offices, organizations, faculty, staff and students while implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Served on Luther College's Communications and Marketing team, several search committees and was appointed by the college president to be one of four Harassing Conduct Officers.
Coordinator of Student Organizations at Luther College
- Developed and provided leadership and skill trainings, templates, and management systems for student organization leaders.
- Increased visibility of student organizational work by training students to create and maintain websites.
- Updated office processes to utilize current technology and add efficiencies.
- Coordinated a first-year immersion experience for 80 incoming students going on 10 different outdoor adventure trips in our region.
- Grew the institutional shuttle program by 200% over three years. Trained and managed student workers to coordinate this program.
Director of Operations at Blue Brain Consulting
- Managed Internet marketing campaigns, primarily for sustainability focused companies.
- Oversaw all aspects of business operations, including: new business development, supervision and training of new employees and all accounting and bookkeeping duties.
- Created a monthly reporting system in Excel to track marketing campaign performances.
- Created a paperless office through the use of cutting-edge and open-source technology.
- Coordinated the Allamakee Mentoring program serving over 30 mentors and mentees.
- Facilitated model prevention programs in middle school classrooms throughout four counties.
- Received three grants, administered several needs assessments, and directed strategic planning efforts.
- Wrote news releases, recorded PSAs, and presented to businesses to disseminate information.
Communications Specialist at Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Carried out the “Internet Tools for Planning, Conservation, and Environmental Protection” capacity building program.
- Coordinated and facilitated eight-hour training workshops and one-hour informational sessions for DNR staff and natural resource professionals.
- Led Webinars teaching the use of GIS mapping tools to local government officials and planning professionals throughout Wisconsin.
- Wrote a series of articles regarding using these tools to make smart land use decisions for three monthly and quarterly newsletters.
- Educated potential borrowers through financial-literacy training.
- Compiled and analyzed credit bureau reports and business financials while preparing loan packages for review by the loan committee.
- Managed loan repayments to ensure strong portfolio quality.
- Assisted with outreach and fundraising events, enhancing public awareness and partner relations.
- Created, promoted, and implemented a profitable village savings bank.
- Hired and trained bank staff in business roles, accounting practices, and marketing strategies.
- Coordinated 25 community leaders and USAID to create a community radio station.
- Designed and facilitated a two-week field-based training for Peace Corps trainees resulting in their understanding of effective project management and cultural integration.
- Prepared and presented educational radio programs to local villages
Education and Training
- B.A., Mathematics and Economics, Luther College, Decorah, IA
- City Councilmen, Decorah, IA
- Intercultural Development Inventory Qualifying Seminar
- Certificate in Strengths-Based Education
- 11-Week intensive Peace Corps Training, Mali, West Africa